Test Workstations Details
Node Hostnames: t1.test.com, t2.test.com, t3.test.com
Cores: 8 cores/node
• Ansys Fluent 14.5 should be installed on all the workstation in the default installation location.
• Platform MPI Installation & service should be running on workstations (Installation Instructions can be found at “%AWP_ROOT145%\commonfiles\MPI\Platform\8.2.1\Windows\INSTALL_Platform-MPI_README.mht”)
• Connect all three workstations to AD or have identical username & password across all the workstations
Hostname File Preparation
Crete a text file called hostnames.txt on the user’s desktop
In my case, Each cores will be defined per line. You can also follow the Platform MPI hostfile definitions.
Cores Distribution Example : Fore cores from t1.test.com, fore cores from t2.test.com & all eight cores from t3.test.com
t1.test.com t1.test.com t1.test.com t1.test.com t2.test.com t2.test.com t2.test.com t2.test.com t3.test.com t3.test.com t3.test.com t3.test.com t3.test.com t3.test.com t3.test.com t3.test.com or t1.test.com:4 t2.test.com:4 t3.test.com:8
Launch Ansys Fluent 14.5 & select necessary options
Click on Parallel Settings and do the following things
1. Click on Validate Platform MPI Password (for first time or alter password change)
2. Click on Distributed Memory on a Cluster -> File Containing Machine Names -> Browse the hostnames.txt file
4. Just skip the warning message & click on OK
5. Now Ansys Fluent Main application will be launched. This will get all the required licenses & make mpi communication between selected workstations
6. Now user can select an existing job / create a new job & submit for solving!